Creating a planting area
Tips for Creating Planting Areas
When creating plant boundaries or hatches, take a similar approach as if using the Hatch or Boundary command.
- Create construction lines enclosing planting zones on a non plotting layer. Ensure the shapes drawn as construction lines form closed areas with other geometry.
- Don’t use splines or ellipses as edges. These will cause the program to halt because regions will be created which can’t be offset
- Minimise the view of the area where the boundary will be created. Zoom to show the extents of the area.
- Turn off layers that include block objects or xref’s within the view. Blocks slow down the boundary creation process.
- Sometimes it helps to move the UCS close to where the boundaries are being created, especially if the origin is a long way from the drawing model.